Although with such awesomeness there's a down side. The dreariness of winter starts to take its toll. The sun doesn't shine as often, the people all seem grumpy, and clouds are always overhead. Don't get me wrong I like clouds, but when you go over 2 weeks without sunshine, clouds don't seem as cool anymore.
That's why I really like the weather right now. The temperatures are in the 50s, a cool breeze, and the sun is shinning. Also the mountains are beginning to peak through the fog of the fading winter. When I look at the mountains I'm reminded of God's glory and His love for creation. I know that all creation sings praises to the King, but I like to think that they sing more when this time of the year rolls around as everything comes back to life.
Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:9-11
One of the things I've been learning more and more this past month is what it means to stay under the blood of Christ. As a believer we know Christ has redeemed us by His blood, but sometimes we tend to forget the redemption. We either get carried away in our own selfishness, or let satan convince us that we are not saved. So instead of looking to the Cross, we look to an idol, a friend, or ourselves and then wonder why we're struggling. All the while Christ is calling out for us.
Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. Exodus 12:7,13
So what did the Israelites do? They put the lamb's blood (Christ) on the doorposts, they stayed under the blood of the lamb, and were saved.
For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 1 Peter 1:18-19
So what is Peter saying here? The people knew the scriptures, they knew the passover, they knew staying under the blood saved the Israelites. So Peter is reminding them, that Christ, the new Passover Lamb saved them and took away our sins. The one who knew no sin became sin, He took it upon Himself to redeem us from a perishable life.
So what does this all mean? When I feel like satan is weighing me down with my sin, or battling to win me back to his kingdom. All I need to do is remember that I live under the blood of the Lamb, and sin has no more power in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment