Well it's time for another change in my life...updating a blog. I know it doesn't sound like a big change, but to me creating a blog and keeping it updated, is out of my comfort zone. I'm not used to sharing my thoughts, adventures, or whatever with the world...well not the world but you get me. And it's not like I'm going to be putting my deepest secrets on here, but still....it's different. However, since the current season of my life is changing, and I'm about to start a new season, change will be good. I'm currently experiencing this strange yet exciting roller coaster ride. Preparing myself, my family, my friends, my comfort zones, everything I'm used to, and moving to Central Asia for a year.
---"To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some." 1 Corinthians 9:22---
This verse has been on my heart for quite some time now. I was just in Missouri, and got to hang out with some incredible brothers and sisters. One in particular said some stuff that left me chewing on her thoughts, which got me thinking of the following.....some of her words are mingled within mine.
.....It's not by our might or our strength or anything we can produce, it's only the Holy Spirit that can change hearts and can change a nation. Then I think well can I become all things to all men, and well no I personally can't but the Holy Spirit in His grace helps me become all things in the right moment so that I might save some.....I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me....He gives us strength in the moment...just like He gives us grace in the moment! That's how much God loves us...that He just doesn't give us a stored amount of grace and when it's used it's done. No he gives us to some extent an amount of grace, but provides abundantly the amount needed for a certain situation. Like when we're nervous to share with others about a particular situation, but once we let the Holy Spirit move through us, sharing becomes easy. We might wonder, how was I just able to talk about that without crying, or feeling angry, well it was God and His grace. Much like brokeness releases the power and annointing of the Holy Spirit. So when we struggle wherever God calls us rather it be the university, the marketplace, or the world, we need to hold onto this brokeness which releases a Holy power, and remember the place we're at isn't going to change without brokeness. Because if brokeness releases an annointing, and an annointing brings the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit brings light and life, then even in the midst of our struggle, His grace which is overflowed in needed times will help us to stay aflame. So instead of hating the darkness which could lead to hating the people or their character, pray for the backbone of the darkness to be broken.
So let's gear up, and get ready for an adventure. Are you ready to join me?

No comments:
Post a Comment